Protect Your Bones: The Importance of Good Posture
According to the National Library ofMedicine, “Good Posture” is all in the position of your spine and holding your body. Our dynamic posture refers to how we keep our body when we are moving, and static posture is how our body is maintained when we are stationary. Therefore, we must practice good posture throughout our day to ensure the longevity of our neck and back.
Below are daily body practices we can do to improve our posture!
- Take breaks: Especially if your job requires you to be sitting for long periods.
- Body scan: Make sure there is no tension in your body. Scan and drop your shoulders, relax the neck, and unclench your jaw.
- Supportive Shoes: Be mindful of the shoes you are wearing, and be sure to switch out to newer shoes at least two times a year. Make sure your shoes have a strong sole and correctly cover your feet.
- Keep moving: A light workout daily will keep your body moving, so there is no stiffness!
- Height matters: Make sure your work location is at a comfortable height.
- No slouching! We know it feels good at the moment but trusts us, you are back will thank you later.
- When lifting and carrying heavy items, be sure to lift correctly (from knees and not back) to avoid serious injury.
Our posture is essential to numerous aspects of our health and quality of life. Be sure to speak to your provider about oral health and the best ways for you to maintain the perfect posture.
Stay connected to us on Instagram @HUEDCO
Site content is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.